About BIG APE
The Big Apple Peering Exchange™ [Big APE] (formerly NY6IX) is a distributed IP-based Ethernet
Exchange (IX) located at Telx 60 Hudson Street, 325 Hudson Street and 111 8th Avenue (Suite 734)
in New York City for the purpose of exchanging Internet Protocol (IP) traffic.
- Ethernet Switching Platform:
- Force10 TeraScale Platform & Huawei NE40-X16E
- Supported connections:
- Jumbo MTU Frames: 9000 bytes
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet
- 100-Gigabit Ethernet
- Input Wavelengths: 850nm [MMF], 1310nm [SMF], CWDM [SMF], and DWDM [SMF]
- IPv4 address-space allocated for the IX:
- IPv6 address-space allocated for the IX:
- 1-Gigabit Ethernet: 1.0 Gbps: $2,500 Annually. Installation $1,000.
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet: 10 Gbps: $2,500 Annually. Installation $1,000.
- 100-Gigabit Ethernet: 100 Gbps: $2,500 Annually. Installation $45,000.
- Signup Process
- Application for Service
- Stealth Communications will issue agreement and invoice for payment
- Upon receiving agreement & payment, CFA/LOA will be issued
- Order cross-connect or circuit to the Big APE
- Schedule test and turn-up of Big APE port
© 2001 - 2015 Stealth Communications
Last modified: 08-Mar-2014